Lecturer, Dartmouth College Department of Film & Media Studies – Hanover, NH
Courses: Directing for the Camera, Filmmaking I, Filmmaking II (2017-2019)
From Dartmouth Film & Media Studies Course Evaluations
- I learned so much by having to work on all aspects of filmmaking, from writing to directing to sound to editing to cinematography.
- This has significantly influenced my experience. I want to be a filmmaker. I always knew I wanted to be, but she pushed me beyond my limits, encouraged me through my failures, and re-sparked my interest in the subject.
- As a STEM major, I must say that this course has the same level of problem-solving practice as any other science classes here. Doing these projects allowed me to improve my planning, collaborating, and troubleshooting capacities constantly. Love it!
- This was the best and most rewarding course I’ve ever taken at Dartmouth.
Study Leader, OSHER@Dartmouth College – Hanover, NH
Courses: The Female Gaze: Where Are the Women Film Directors? The Art & Craft of Screenwriting; Hamlet on Film; Screenwriting Workshop I; Screenwriting Workshop II: Building Character; Cinema as Sacred Literature; Telluride at Dartmouth (2014-Present)
From OSHER@Dartmouth Course Evaluations
- Samantha’s introductory lectures were outstanding. She provided many insights into the screenwriting process.
- Great combo of theory + work on scripts.
- …Genuine respect for ideas; constructive criticism.
- Great selection of films. Good mix of viewing and discussion.
- The two leaders worked so well with each other, each having different expertise. They presented excellent materials, drew out every member in the course in discussion, and communicated by email. The films they chose were really interesting. This is the best course I’ve ever taken at Osher!
Instructor, American Intercontinental University Film & Media – Los Angeles, CA
Undergraduate level courses: Sound Production & Design; History of International Cinema (2005-2006)
Guest Presenter & Facilitator: One Book, One Town Series: Grapes of Wrath, novel to film; sponsored by Plainfield & Meriden, NH Libraries & NH Humanities Council